Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Gratituesday- Silence

I have never appreciated silence more than this current stage in my life.  I guess their are two types of silence in my life.  One is when the girls are silent I know something is wrong, thank God for those little indicators of mischief or disobedience.  The second silence and the one I'm REALLY grateful for is silence when the girls are asleep or I'm driving alone in the car.  I don't think I'm an introvert nor have I ever been one to seek out silence.  Music was always on in the car once I began driving and Mark and I frequently had music on in the house before kids.  Now, if I'm in the car alone there is no music or talk radio, just beautiful silence.  As a note I used to think my mom was weird for not listening to the radio, sorry mom; I totally understand now;) 

Today I had one of those really wonderful silent times while the girls napped.  I sipped hot chocolate, sat on the couch looking at the pink blossomed tree in front of our house while I read a very encouraging book (Faithful Parent by Martha Peace and Stuart Scott) and journaled.  The silence and rest was refreshing.

What are you grateful for today?





















Gratituesday is part of Heavenly Homemakers

1 comment:

  1. Silence is golden....but there are days that I miss when you arrived home from school with tales of your school adventures. As with most things in life, moderation is the key. A quiet time to be grateful and a time to run barefoot yelling with Marian and Sofia down a grassy hill will be meaningful but different memories! As always, I love that you are enjoying the journey!

    ReplyDelete