Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Gratituesday- Breakfast with a Friend

A day late:)

I am by no means a techie, but I'm grateful for technology!  The wonders of skype has allowed me to have breakfast with my friend, Aly, whom currently lives in Malaysia many times.  She wasn't really having breakfast this time, she was eating a nighttime snack before bed thanks to the 12 hour time difference. 

It was a wonderful start to my morning to begin the day first having our girls talk.  We've taught our girls that they share the sun and moon. When one family has the moon the other has the sun, its the only way we've thought to explain why one family is going to bed while the other is eating breakfast.  Two and three year old skype conversations are quite amusing.  Typically conversation consists of showing various toys or books.  Marian played a rousing rendition of "Jesus Loves Me" on the harmonica this time.  Skype even lets you enjoy the fun of young children learning musical instruments.  Once my friend's kids have gone to bed and my kids are off playing (or sitting/climbing in my lap) the adults get to talk at least in theory.  Sometimes this works better than others.5
By far my favorite Ari and Marian picture:)  Picture taken 3 months before they left.

Before they left for Malaysia, I typically saw Aly 3-4 times a week.  It was a tough adjustment not getting to call her whenever I wanted, thankfully there is email.  This morning we were able to talk for a long time about everything from weather (its been quite an adjustment moving from Maryland to Malaysia) to language learning to homeschooling to what God's teaching us about Himself and ourselves.  I've always respected Aly's humility and joy in her relationship with Jesus and its been beautiful to see it grow greater as she lives in a foreign country.

1 comment:

  1. Random, but I can't stop staring at the pic you took of the view outside the window. So lovely!

    ReplyDelete