They took less than 20 minutes to make and Sofia loved it! As a bonus the carbohydrate measuring was easier and a MUCH lower total than lovely traditional cake and icing cupcakes.
The birthday girl enjoying her ice cream cupcake.
What I did:
1. Crushed cookies in the bottom of silicone baking cups (using sturdy cardboard would work too, just not the thin paper cups). Another even healthier option would be fruit in the bottom.
2. 1/4 cup of softened ice cream in each cup then smoothed with a spoon.
3. A bit of chocolate gauche (just because I love chocolate)-optional
4. Freeze until ready to use.
5. A dollop of whipped cream with a few sprinkles for color.
Carbohydrate count is based on the bottom you use and 1/4 cup ice cream. With the ingredients I used ours were 15-17 carbs.
Enjoy! Let me know what combinations you try!