- Less low blood sugars
- No more injections! (except when Mom forgets to bolus after dinner and after we removed her infusion set for a change)
- Giving insulin at night without even waking her
- Being able to give a snack in the car without pulling over, taking her out of the seat, getting an injection ready, giving it, then rebuckling her.
- Lots of information and record keeping thanks to Diasend
- Infusion set changes- these are not fun! I didn't realize they would be way worse than giving injections, thank God they are only every 3 days! I have hope that they will get better with time.
- Still don't really understand how to read Diasend so we have the information but not really the ability to understand it. :P
- Changing our way of thinking about insulin, feel like I'm walking blind.
- More highs than we like to see, although we're told it will take a while to figure out basal levels.