Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Gratituesday- Can You Feel the Mountains Tremble

Can you hear the oceans roar?  When the lost began to sing of Jesus Christ the risen one...

I love the sound of the ocean, I love that every time I see it I want to sing praise to its creator, and how time stops at the beach.  It's a nice pause in the speed of life, especially because at times I tend to go a bit too fast.  "Be still" isn't my strength and is definitely something I have to work on!
This weekend my dad and step-mom let us use their ocean front beach house in Holden Beach, NC.  Ahhh, so wonderful.  It's a killer ride but oh so worth it.  We broke up the first drive by visiting Mark's brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephews in Norfolk area which helped. 

It was perfect weather, warm enough to be out on the beach without jackets yet not blazing hot.  The water was freezing but Mark and the girls still waded in all 3 days.  I refrained because I've become my mom and hate cold water.  See picture of it hitting me while taking a picture:


We all enjoyed time picking up shells, wading, flying kites, building sand castles, and eating meals on the deck.  It's amazing to have the privilege to teach our kids about creation through such fun play.  Sofia and I walked along the beach talking about who created the shells we were picking up and how the sound of the waves reminds us of God's might. 
Mark looks good with the pink princess kite.

24 weeks pregnant! I'm HUGE:)

Our Object Lesson
Sunday morning our family took a moment to sit on the porch (with coffee and chai for the adults) and worship our Lord.  What wonderful object lessons the crashing waves provided regarding God's greatness.  I'm grateful for a husband that leads us well. 

What a great weekend!  What are you grateful for today?


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments:

Post a Comment